Sunday, July 21, 2013

Twin Cities Race Training Entry 3

     Well race training this time around is really not going as expected. I've had to do a lot of cross training and not as much running in order to prepare my body for the marathon. Also though this time around I am fasting through part of my training so it is clearly understandable. I've had to adopt my training to the lack of hydration and replacement food, for energy. I have how ever got a renewal in my want to finish planning my run from Chicago, IL to Santa Monica CA. I have started again researching its feasibility rate as well how I would go about paying for such a venture. I have also been looking at different Non-profits. Among the top choices the only one I feel truly drawn to is the same one I am currently running for in the Twin Cities Marathon, GDM(Global Deaf Muslims) Twin Cities chapter. So far it is going well.

     I this week how ever got bronchitis which has curved my training so far a lot of it has to do with the lack of hydration during my training sessions because of Ramadan. Not that I'm complaining I'm just stating the facts and obvious about it all. I am a nutrition student and so know not everything but quit a bit about  how the body works. I could how ever always learn more. What I do know has allowed me to be able to make sure I am properly kept nutritionally healthy to the best of my ability. How ever I still need to work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment