Wednesday, July 3, 2013

To new beginnings

     Well who, what, where, when and why. to new beginnings. I haven't been training. not for at least a month and a half. i haven't done a lot of things in this time mainly cause my life has been such an up and down roller coster ride that all i have had much time for is work work, work and more work. hopefully this post will be the start to a new beginning.

     I have really been beating around the bush quit a bit in terms of getting back to a good place in running. but finally with the TC marathon only three months away i finally feel like its time. I feel I am ready to get back to it as a runner. Anyone out there who has fallowed my blog knows that it has been more then a long time since i wrote an entry at all. This short bit I hope to be a good start back. a lot has actually happen in recent months with running work and relationships with others. also with general life changes. many may know that i use to be a really big advocate for drinking beer as a runner because of the health benefits which it can offer in small quantities, similar to wine. how ever in recent months my mind has not change on the matter of it being good for some runners. what has changed though is that First of all i no longer drink. I mean by this I don't drink at all. and I mean at all. Second I as a runner can not long advocate for my fellow runners drinking at all. why, well this is a subject matter for a different post and do not want to get in to right now. And third I have recently converted to islam so on the religious, spiritual and personal level can not support drinking anymore.

     One of the big things going on this year during my training is Ramadan. this will be my first ramadan and for me it will be very hard on so many different levels. One of the big things is that it is at the beginning of my training which I have just started i'm starting with a five day training plan this first week then going up to 6 once my body has transitioned back in to good training. physically it will take its tole and i understand that. It will also though how I feel will be truly uplifting. I will be doing my best to try and run a few different entries here for training spiritual growth and so many other things I want to talk about at this point though i do not know what everything will be or their names. As of right now though i do not know what they will be called at all. so please just bare in with me until ever thing is back up and running again. And to all my fellow runners as well muslims thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment