Saturday, July 20, 2013

Insights in to Ramadan as a Muslim

     Today, I on the tenth day of Ramadan, woke up sick. Congestion, sore throat, head ache and a fever. I don't know what it is but I have to be careful today to make sure It does not get worse. I have to make sure I don't miss work because of being sick. I feel I just can't afford it right now. At least not until I find a better paying position, which can afford me sick leave. Some times I wonder why it is so heard to find the most perfect job. How come no one will sponsor me as a runner to the extent that I need in order to raise a family. Even wonder why it is only possible to support one person as a runner, at least a runner such as my self.

     I have been thinking recently, in the past I was planning a run across america, or at least one which goes from Chicago to Santa Monica, CA fallowing Route 66. I had decided to take a break from planning and even considering it. How ever I have a renewed interest in it and am thinking of going back to planning it. Not only that but I feel I have a Non-profit in mind to raise funds for. I feel that GDM, and what they do in the Deaf Muslim community is not only a worth while cause I feel is very notable indeed. I hope one day, In Shaa Allah to be able to start planning this run some day. The only issue would be that I would have to find a way to pay my bills as well at the same time. I would not be at a regular job during this run so I would have to find a company who would be willing to help me out through that time. I will figure it out, In Shaa Allah.

     Well I'm off I need to get going now to try and combat this sickness hopefully it will go away soon In Shaa Allah. Assalam Alaikum Wa Rathamallh Wa Barakathu.

No comments:

Post a Comment